Set up & Operation
Our patented air-over-oil design allows a safe and controlled descent every time. The Auto-belay simply takes up the slack when a participant starts to climb up the climbing wall. Once the participant is done climbing, the pressure from the Auto-Belay will safely lower the participant slowly to the ground.
- Extreme Engineering’s Auto-belay systems can be used on climbing structures up to 68 feet (20.73 meters).
- The Auto-belay is the only system on the market that can be self-installed.
- All Auto-belay systems are protected by a zinc coated steel case and come equipped with two pressurized hydraulic rams and internal check valves, ensuring the safety of climbers as they descend.
- The Auto-belay system includes a galvanized steel cable with marine eyes, swivel, sight tube and safety boot pre-installed.
- Maintenance is made easy through annual wire rope replacement using date certified cables.
- Installation is possible on steel and wood treated substructures.
- Perfect for almost any climbing wall, climbing gyms, manufacturing facilities and search and rescue.
- All Extreme Engineering’s patented Auto-belay systems meet or exceed ASTM, CE and other climbing wall safety standards.